A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any web page. Its usefulness is that the web is able to remember your visit when you return to browse that page. Cookies usually store technical information, personal preferences, content personalization, usage statistics, links to social networks, access to user accounts, and so on. The purpose of the cookie is to adapt the content of the website to your profile and needs, without cookies the services offered by any page would be significantly reduced. If you wish to consult more information about what cookies are, what they store, how to eliminate them, deactivate them, etc.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a harmless text file that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any web page. The usefulness of the cookie is that the website is able to remember your visit when you return to browse that page. Although many people do not know, cookies have been used for 20 years, when the first browsers for the World Wide Web appeared.
What is NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus, a Trojan, a worm, spam, spyware or pop-up windows.
What information does a cookie store?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit cards or bank details, photographs, your ID or personal information, etc. The data they store are of a technical nature, personal preferences, personalisation of contents, etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person but with your web browser. In fact, if you browse regularly with Internet Explorer and try browsing the same website with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the website does not realize that you are the same person because you are actually associating the browser, not the person.
What kind of cookies are there?
- Technical Cookies: These are the most basic and allow, among other things, to know when a human is surfing or an automated application, when an anonymous user and a registered one are surfing, basic tasks for the functioning of any dynamic web.
- Analysis Cookies: They collect information about the type of navigation you are carrying out, the sections you use the most, the products you consult, the time of use, the language, etc.
- Advertising Cookies: Display advertising based on your browsing, country of origin, language, etc.
What are own and third party cookies?
Your own cookies are those generated by the page you are visiting and those of third parties are those generated by external services or providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc..
What happens if I turn off cookies?
To help you understand the extent to which you can disable cookies, here are a few examples:
- You will not be able to share content from this website on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The website will not be able to adapt the content to your personal preferences, as is often the case in online shops.
- You will not be able to access the personal area of that website, such as My Account, or My Profile or My Orders.
- Online stores: You will be unable to make purchases online, they will have to be telephone or visiting the physical store if you have it. – It will not be possible to customise your geographical preferences such as time zone, currency or language.
- The website will not be able to perform web analytics on visitors and traffic to the website, which will make it difficult for the website to be competitive.
- You will not be able to write on the blog, you will not be able to upload photos, publish comments, rate or rate content. The website will also not know if you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
- It will not be possible to show sectorized advertising, which will reduce the advertising income of the web.
Can I delete cookies?
Yes, not only you can delete them, but also block them, in a general or particular way for a specific domain.
To delete cookies from a website you must go to the settings of your browser and there you can search for those associated with the domain in question and proceed to delete them.
Which third party cookies are used by this website?
Google Analytics: Stores cookies in order to compile statistics on traffic and volume of visits to this website. By using this website you consent to the processing of information about you by Google.
Google Analytics cookies are stored on servers located in the United States and you agree not to share them with third parties, except where necessary for the operation of the system or where required to do so by law. According to Google, it does not save your IP address.
Google Inc. is a member of “Privacy Shiels” which guarantees that all data transferred will be treated with a level of protection in accordance with European legislation. Detailed information can be found at the following link: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
If you wish, you can use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, through whose instructions Google Analytics analytical cookies can be rejected in all browsers. More information can be found at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
You should therefore exercise any such right by communicating directly with Google.
Social networks: Each social network uses its own cookies so that you can click on buttons like Like or Share.
Deactivating or Deleting Cookies
You may exercise your right to deactivate or delete cookies from this website at any time. These actions are performed differently depending on the browser you are using.
Web browsers are the tools responsible for storing cookies and from this site you must exercise your right to delete or deactivate them. Neither this website nor its legal representatives can guarantee the correct or incorrect handling of cookies by the aforementioned browsers.
In some cases it is necessary to install cookies so that the browser does not forget its decision not to accept them.
For any questions or queries about this cookies policy please do not hesitate to contact us through the contact section.
How to configure your browser and prevent cookies from being installed
Likewise, LANTANIA, S.L. informs the user that he has the possibility of configuring his browser so that he is informed of the reception of cookies, being able, if he so wishes, to prevent them from being installed on his hard disk.
Below we provide the links to various browsers, through which you can make this configuration:
Chrome from here: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
Safari from here: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph17191?locale=en_EN
Operate from here: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies