Committed to building a more sustainable future
At Lantania, we are committed to building a cleaner and more sustainable world. This is why we believe it is essential to promote ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) measures. These measures involve employees, customers, the supply chain, shareholders, financiers and the community in general in which the company operates. They are focused on the following aspects:
Climate strategy and energy transition
Environmental impact management
Water resources management
Diversity and equal opportunities
Talent recruitment and development
Employee well-being and satisfaction
Health and Safety of people, facilities and processes
Commitment and contribution to social development
Human and labour rights
Sustainable supply chain
Dialogue and transparency with stakeholders
Product quality and customer satisfaction
Ethical conduct and regulatory compliance
Transparency and fiscal responsibility
Innovation, technology and digitalisation
Cybersecurity, facility and information security
Measures associated with the sustainability of the planet require a transformation in infrastructure (water, renewable energy generation, electricity grids, rail transport, energy efficiency, etc.). Lantania has the recognised capacity and solvency to undertake this transformation through the implementation of large projects in all these areas.
Lantania is a Signatory partner in the world’s largest sustainability initiative, the United Nations Global Compact. The company submits an annual Progress Report describing its efforts to implement the Ten Principles and support any specialised platform of the Compact. In this way, the company aligns its operations with these universally accepted principles on human rights, labour standards, environment and anti-corruption.
It is also taking action in support of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Through responsible and sustainable business performance, Lantania is currently contributing to the achievement of nine of the 17 SDGs that make up the 2030 Agenda.
With all this in mind, at Lantania we have set out a clear path towards the fulfilment and promotion of sustainability measures, and this is backed up by policies we have implemented.
Quality and Environment
Lantania has implemented an Integrated Management System for Workplace Health and Safety, Quality, Environment and Energy that is an integral part of its activities.
The principles by which it is governed are detailed in our Integrated Management System Policy, in accordance with the guidelines of the following regulations:
- ISO 9001 Quality Management System: Certificate, IQNet
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management System: Certificate, iQNet
- ISO 45001 Workplace Health and Safety Management System: Certification, IQNet
- ISO 50001 Energy Management System: Certification, IQNet
Lantania’s board of directors demonstrates its leadership and commitment to management systems by ensuring that they are compatible with the context and strategic governance of our organisation. The operational implementation of this commitment is integrated at all management levels, with active support from our entire organisation.
The potential benefits are:
For Lantania’s management, it is of utmost importance to protect the people who work in the company against occupational hazards and satisfy their right to effective protection in terms of Workplace Health and Safety.
Therefore, it establishes and documents a Corporate Workplace Health and Safety Policy as a model for the performance of its activities and as a reference for its Workplace Risk Prevention Management System. This policy is maintained and promoted with the commitment of all Lantania’s directors, managers and employees.
Through this policy we are committed to:
- Identifying and assessing the risks of the activity in order to eliminate, avoid or reduce exposure to risks.
- Preventing damage and deterioration of health with the aim of reducing the accident rate and occupational illnesses.
- Guaranteeing information to workers on the risks affecting their respective jobs and the application of prevention measures.
- Guaranteeing the consultation of workers and allowing their participation in the framework of all issues affecting Workplace Health and Safety.
- Guaranteeing workers sufficient and adequate training in Workplace Health and Safety so they can correctly perform their duties.
- Guaranteeing the human and material resources necessary for prevention.
- Complying with applicable Workplace Health and Safety legislation and other requirements to which the organisation subscribes.
- Developing, implementing and periodically reviewing the Workplace Health and Safety System appropriate to our organisation, as well as adopting measures to continuously improve the effectiveness of said system.
All workers are responsible for reporting inappropriate health and safety behaviors and possible risks to the workforce.
Efficient energy management, environmental awareness and the effective execution of our services are some of the pillars on which our strategic plan is based. Thus, these values are promoted by Lantania’s management and are embodied in the Integrated Management System Policy establishing:
- Avoid, minimise and eliminate environmental pollution during the provision of our services. Control energy use and improve the energy efficiency of the organisation.
- Prevent actions that may cause high energy impacts in the activities carried out. Reduce resource consumption and waste generation during the provision of our services.
- Promote sustainable purchasing, supporting the acquisition of environmentally friendly and energy efficient products and services.
- Use the potential of the digital world and the investment of resources in infrastructure improvement to promote energy efficiency and emissions reduction.